Thursday (day 27) in Weisbaden

Wiesbaden Travel Blog

colonade in Wiesbaden park

More wandering today. First we found a park near the hotel and walked through it, up a hill and into a very nice residential area. On our way back down the hill, we saw a KureHaus and Casino . . . .guess the idea was to clean you out in all definitions of the phrase.

We wandered through the pedestrian mall again and found a side area that had another small park full of Roman fragments. I had no idea that the Romans colonized much north of Munich but either they made it to Wiesbaden or somebody just needed to fill up a park.

The highlight of the day was a visit to a German Walmart to buy a new duffel bag to get all my new books (and our dirty laundry) home. It looked depressingly like the US Walmarts; nothing particularly interesting but they did have a duffel bag for 5 Euros (about $6). Walmarts may not be interesting but they are cost effective.

Tomorrow we are heading back to Prague so we can get a 7 am flight Saturday morning. The idea is to get a hotel near the airport so the early flight won’t be quite so painful… I can’t imagine that anything will make a 4am wake up any less painful. The blog is probably going to be on hold until Sunday when we’re home. Hopefully then I can start to cover the days I missed writing while I was sick. (I still did all the touring while I felt bad - I just didn’t write about it.)

Wiesbaden park