Sunday (day 2) in Bucharest, Romania

Bucharest Travel Blog

This is the Romanian Peoples Palace - now Parliament. The previously closed ornate iron gate is opening to the new Parliament.

We took a scenic tour of Charles De Gaulle airport when trying to change planes for Bucharest. We got off one plane onto a bus that drove us around in various directions for ½ hour. We then got off that bus, boarded another one, and drove another ½ hour to a plane that seemed to be very close to the first one. It was strange and made me really worried about where our luggage was.

In Bucharest we were reunited with our luggage - none of it had traveled off on little trips of its own, thank God. But I don’t know where anything is. All last week I kept packing more and more stuff until there was no more room. I have no memory now of what went into which bag. Unpacking on the ship tomorrow will be like Christmas morning. Trish says she has the same problem.

We’re taking a river cruise up the Danube River from Bucharest, Romania to Vienna and are spending the first night in the Bucharest Marriott Hotel. My husband, Trish and I went for a short walk around the hotel to try to stay awake until the Welcome Dinner for all 160 people on the cruise. Nobody is looking very alert after 15 hours of travel.

Our tour guides are Gary (from Hungary) Marius (from Romania) Barbara (from Germany) and Tessa (from Amsterdam). They are an interesting group of young people and we talked to them briefly during the dinner at hotel.

Regor says:
I think a couple I know is taking the same cruise about a week after your. :)
Posted on: Oct 06, 2006
This is the Romanian Peoples Palac…
This is the Romanian Peoples Pala…
Bucharest