Saturday (day 22) in Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov Travel Blog

the view from our room during the day

We’ve been staying in the Castle View Apartments in Cesky Krumlov and it’s been the perfect place to relax after the cruise (yeah, I know. . . .it’s a tough life but I really did need to live at my own pace and not that of a group). Our apartment is furnished with everything we could need (that means chocolates to greet us) including a great view. The photos show the view from our window in the daytime and at night. What more could you ask for?

Today we just walked along the river on the perimeter of town and found a nice park near the school. After a lunch of Bohemian pizza and café au lait, we continued our walk. The food has been so good and the beer just as good, that walking is the only way we’ll stay able to fit into the airline seats to go home next week.

water view

We stopped at the local history museum and then went back to the castle for a final visit. For dinner, we ate at a fish restaurant and I fulfilled a long-time wish. I finally tasted eel; this one was roasted with an herb butter sauce. Now I know why Henry VIII was so fond of eating them. Wish I could find them at home; they’re really good.

By the way, there are no small animals in this town.  None.  We've walked through parks and gardens for three days without seeing a single squirrel, chipmunk or rabbit.  Very strange.

We’ve really enjoyed this town and were lucky enough to be here during a festival. The Czechs are interesting people and are doing a remarkable job of rebuilding their country. You can’t help but like them and admire their spirit. This is definitely a place to return to sometime.

the view from our room during the …
the view from our room during the…
the view from our room at night