Monday (day 17) in Prague

Prague Travel Blog

Transfer to Prague Marriott

I want to see : 1) St George Basilica (Romanesque) 2) St Vitus Cathedral (Gothic) 3) Schwarzauberg Palace (Renaissance) 4) Vltave river tour 5) Golden Lane houses & castle 6) Lord Mayor salon of Municipal House & Mucha mural 7) Clemintenan library 8) Jewish cemetery 9) Nat’l Technical Museum • photo 10) walk in Petrin Park 2hr 11) Walk in Vysehiad 1 hr 12) Jazz concert 13) Pub - Pivnice Redegest

It’s been a long day which started at 6:30. We had to have our luggage picked up at 8 am and then be on the bus by 9 am. Of course there was breakfast and saying goodbye to the crew members who weren’t coming to Prague. The person we will miss the most is the ship’s doctor who took such good care of me when I had that cold.

Charles Bridge in Prague at night
Trish and I would have missed a lot of the activities if it weren’t for Dr. Stephan’s care. We all plan to stay in touch with him, he was such a nice man.

We had lunch in Brno and arrived in Prague by 3:30. I thought that was pretty much it for the day until we went to Kampa Park for dinner. It was probably one of the most expensive meals I’ve ever had and worth every penny. We sat by the water at the edge of the Charles Bridge and watched the sun set while the lights of Prague came on and boats sailed up and down the river Vltave. After dinner we strolled back through town and I tried to photograph the buildings at night. It was really too late to photograph without a tripod and I hope I can get better photos another time.

Prague view just before sunset
Prague view just before sunset
Prague view just after sunset
Prague view just after sunset
Prague Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Perfectly prepared food with subtle seasonings in a waterfront setting looking back at Prague as the lights come on at night - what more could you… read entire review
Prague