Home Travel Blog

Planning for our trip up the Danube
It's September and that's hurricane season where I live (isn't that true of far too many places?).  Rather than wait for storms and then evacuate to a shelter, we board up our house and travel someplace interesting.  (Not that shelters aren't interesting. . . they're just not somewhere I want to be.)
This year some good friends are traveling too so we all had to plan for the airport.  These days you need to arrive so early for international travel that arrival time is a major issue . . . . or at least it was a good excuse to get together and go out to dinner.  We didn't really make any major new plans for the upcoming trip other than to agree that we're looking forward to it.  Trish and I had a serious discussion about how many shoes to take and agreed to only take 3 pairs each.  Hey, that's important  - shoes and camera equipment are my major packing concerns.
infatuated_w_culture says:
shoes and camera equipment--I like your priorities!

mmm I love Prague!
Posted on: Dec 07, 2006
nonna says:
Yeah well, Trish and I do like to keep them around. As for transporation, we're thinking bicycle for 4 so the guys can pedal and we can be backseat drivers - it works for me!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2006
freebird230 says:
Should be a GREAT trip too bad you had to take those other two weird people with you! Forget the shoes she will need an electric scooter or possibly an electric wheelchair with driver OF COURSE! Bee good and beee safe!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2006