Piatra Fantanele to Bistrita to Sighosoara

Sighisoara Travel Blog

Like most modern "Made for tourists" hotels, this one loses a lot of charm in the daylight. We took daytime photos and I found a little market with hand knitting which I quite liked. I loved some hats, but as with most souvenir places were too expensive.

Were supposed to meet Dan at 09:30, but he did not arrive until 10:15, because he had left his mobile phone in his room, and the cleaners had found it. While I was waiting, David went to the toilet, and also managed to stumble upon Dracula's Tomb.

The road to/from this hotel is under reconstruction, and as such, is terrible at best. We stopped at Bistri?a to visit the evangelical church that had burnt down, which we saw photos of in Bra?ov. There were lots of brass bands playing in the town for some reason.

At Târgu Mure? we saw another fortified church built in 1491 by Hungarians, not Saxons. This church was closed, and the key holder had gone home, so we just strolled around the outside. We then visited the Cultural Centre / Art Gallery. This building has the most amazing stained glass windows. There are 12 of them in the 45 metre hallway. The curator put on a horrible recording explaining the images on the windows from an old compact cassette (remember those?). We then looked at the concert hall (complete with 4463 pipe organ) and the art gallery. On the way back to the car, Dan took me to buy a banana and on the way we found the first half decent pizza in Romania. We bought one slice for 5 RON and then David went to McDonalds and bought a Double Cheeseburger. They have free wi-fi, and I discovered a new menu item - the Mc Toast. It is two pancakes sandwiching ham and melted cheese. We then returned to the van and drove to Sighi?oara.

Before the dinner and halloween party, we walked up the street to a brandy tasting session, where we took a liking to the Fruit of the Forest brandy, and even bought a small bottle.
We went to the halloween party which was fun until after the main course when they started playing house/dance music VERY loudly. April and Steve won the costume party.
Sighisoara