We are off!

Sydney Travel Blog

Mostly uneventful morning, this year, no tins of blue paint were spilt. David drove us to Peter Neve's place and then he in turn, drove us to Sutherland. The train made an emergency stop just outside of Oatley station which caused some angst but when the train moved again soon after, I breathed again... Today is freezing in Sydney, makes you glad to leave... It is actually colder in Sydney (9oC) than Paris (15oC). We fended off the queue jumpers at the check-in counter and got great seats to Singapore, but crappy ones to Paris. :( You can't win them all. We passed Scrutiny at Australian Customs and even managed to find the Tourist Refund scheme counter. David got $399 back from the government, it is a shame they will probably want half of it back when we return. Now sitting at a cafe, drinking crappy but expensive coffee. David saw an A380 go past and so he has run off to photograph it. I have noticed that I look nothing like my passport photo. Customs doesn't stamp your passport anymore. It was just scanned with the computer. Bummer. Found free Baileys at the Duty Free store YAY!!
Sydney