HOW DO YOU SAY "TUBE?"

Las Vegas Travel Blog

MATT

This is the start of my loooooooooong weekend of travbuddies.  My travbuddy meet up started very early…..Wednesday……..and later……..Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking forward to meet up with matt (mattrilla) from Wales, UK. I met him for the first time in the LA (Santa Monica) meet up last week. It is his first time in the USA. He has visited San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York before making it out to Las Vegas. His original plan was to only stay for 2 days, Wednesday - Friday, but, joy (pvtjoy) talked him into going to the Vegas meet up on Saturday. Matt ended up staying until Sunday morning.

I was chatting with the girls, tracy (TRE69), jillian (jillianj), joy (pvtjoy), and alice (alicegourmet) on google chat until I received a txt from matt that he is all checked in at the red rock hotel.

THE BELLAGO ATRIUM
Matt and I plan to walk on the strip, but first I wanted to show him by car.  I picked him up at 3pm.

I drove from the north to south on the strip. Matt was taking pictures of the stratosphere, Treasure Island, Wynn, mirage, palazzo, etc. he was amazed at the architecture of the Luxor and Excalibur hotels. The Mandalay bay is the last hotel on the strip. I pulled over to make a left for matt to take a picture of the famous “WELCOME TO LAS VEGAS” sign. This is mandatory to see when it’s your first time in Las Vegas.  After that I parked at the Bellagio hotel. I wanted to show him my favorite hotels. The Bellagio has an atrium that changes 5 times a year by seasons or holidays. Today it is the spring theme.

We took pictures in the atrium. Afer that we walked outside, to check out the Bellagio fountain show, during the day it runs every 30mins.

WATCHING THE BELLAGIO FOUNTAIN SHOW
At night time it’s every 15mins. As we walked outside the fountain, the music and the water show started. I don’t remember the song. Matt had it on video mode. I was taking pictures of him and us while he was recording.

Then we walked north of the strip. We walked inside Caesar’s palace, the forum shops and to Treasure Island for a bathroom break. I have not been in here since the ownership changes which was awhile. I am not impressed by it. Matt was wearing flip flops and his feet were killing him.  We were walking a good 2 hours. Then we walked outside, we were going to walk back to the car at the Bellagio. I was debating to walk to Wynn or Venetian.  I was teasing matt that he needed to exercise more or he won’t keep up with me. This is coming from a girl who is from LA. Apparently, LA peeps cruises when we walk.

MATT

We went to the Venetian instead. Also, I have not bought the “MOST FURTHER TB” award.  I had matt help me find one. i took us a while but we found it. Since Matt won the last ward in LA MEET UP last week.  He wanted to pick the award for this one. Matt was on the mission to find the award that was worst than his. We both knew the winner already.  I was teasing Matt for a week to pray it will not be him again. After the buying the award, we decided to have dinner at the red rock hotel where he is staying. There are 4 other TBs staying in the red rock, jillian, joy, james and harriet. They won’t be arriving until Friday.

Matt and I had dinner at the grand cafĂ©.  We talked and laughed. We were talking about his life in UK.

GOOSING IT UP
British stereotypes,  his car, places he has been, his car, places I have been, his car, his future trips, his car, my future trips, his car, he should do a Wales meet up and HIS CAR……..LOL.

Matt is hilarious. i told him in my presence he has to say the required words as he is talking, the words are  BRILLANT, RUDE, and RUBBISH. I love how he says it. I love the accent.  He educated me brief geography of the UK.  i want to go to the isle of man. I hear it’s a beautiful place to visit in the spring.

Then we hang out at the sports book to have some shots. Since I had a full stomach, I was ok to drink not so much cuz, I drove. I both had 2 grey gooses shots each and I was buzzed. We did not watch the time.

CHEERS...L'CHAIM
Matt had to wake up at 6am the next day for his “PINK JEEP” tour to Grand Canyon and skywalk. I started laughing when he said that. I left this pink shirt in my house. I wanted him to wear it and take a picture near the pink jeep.

Matt is so sweet. He hung out with me at the sport book until I sobered up. I was drinking water to pee it out of me. We were watching random shows. Matt would make fun of our commercials. He calls it RUBBISH :P I finally felt good to drive. I walked matt to his “LIFT” I walked to my car and drove home at 12am. I AM SO TIRED............

GOOD TIMES AS ALWAYS :)

Sheila_0808 says:
i can't wait to see the rest of the pics;-)... looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
alicegourmet says:
Oh yea...I wish I could join you guys for the fun walking and exploring the city!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008