rivals and the making of St. Paddy's

Barcelona Travel Blog

the beautiful stadium... can't you hear the roar of the fans??

Waking up and going running ... perhaps we were crazy! My sister and her friend play soccer for the U of MN, and therefore, needed to train while they were overseas. I thought that I could attempt in running alongside them not knowing the torture I would endure as a result:) We survived the 30 minute jaunt through Las Ramblas and up slowly slanting inclines, showered, and took off for the incredible Barca Stadium that supposedly holds 100,000 fans! Talk about amazing! We wished that we could jump over the yellow median to run across the green field that was calling out to be played upon! But we were stopped by stern looking officials:)

In honor of St. Paddy's and our Irish amiga, we decked out in green and headed off to find some Irish friends to celebrate.

fuerte!
Instead of Irish, we found a Peruvian guy who seemed to think that we were friendly and sat himself down at our table as we ate our meal. As he told us about his family, he mentioned that he had a Guatemalan brother. I asked if he lived in Guate, and he turned to me and told me that his dad had a large heart. I asked him to explain this to me, and he continued to tell me that his dad, during a trip to Guate, found an enamorada there and had a son with her. This, of course, shocked me, for he told me that his dad had a large heart. I don't consider cheating on his wife to mean that his dad had a large heart. I guess this guy or is it Peruvians in general??? believe that cheating means a larger heart for loving?? We talked about his dad's large heart and how it was cheating on his mom, and he turned to me and told me that it is not up to him to criticize his dad.
luck o' the irish
. he agreed with his dad! This made me feel bad for his mom. What would you do in that case if you knew your husband had an enamorada on the side?? I know a few other Peruvians and for some reason this also happened with their parents. So, needless to say, I was finished talking to this guy after hearing about his beliefs on his dad's enlarged heart. He left our table and kept winking at us and waving at us from the bar area. Luckily, one of the wait staff, a lively guy from Scotland came over and hung out with us and made us laugh with his witty comments:) He made our night!

We took off for another area and met up with some guys who were from ... Iowa. Crazy enough! With our cheeks painted, we met some people from Brazil, Dubai, NYC, Canada, Ireland, etc.. and then, I met a guy from Nicaragua, who knew where I lived in Honduras! It was so fun chatting about places we had both ventured in espanol.. knowing the slang of the different places, etc. It was like I was home! That is the beauty of traveling... you always meet people in cualquier lugar with whom you connect with as a result. Beautiful!

the beautiful stadium... cant you…
the beautiful stadium... can't yo…
luck o the irish