Here we are!

Seoul Travel Blog

a conch shell(?)

After 2 hour flight, we arrived in Seoul at 2pm.  We found a bus right away to our hostel. We don't know any Korean but I showed my ticket and asked the guy if this bus was the one and he said 'yes, yes, yes'... OK, i'll believe ya!  Bus ride was 1 hour. I felt it was long.. and sleepy.

We got off at hostel's nearest bus stop. Looked at map, it was confusing place but some guy told us where (we didn't ask!). Our hostel is not big, not small.. it's just fine for us.

We hit to Cheong gey cheon stream. I wanted to see some arts there but we couldn't find any :(   It's a new river and it's not just an ordinary river, it's pretty cool at night!  When we went there, it was about 5:30pm, getting dark so it was all light up.

I liked that river!

Then we went to Jonggak to eat fooooood!! Food stand street - i named it ;)  All of them selling the same food so we just picked one. We had yummy korean food!! All of them were so spicy but it was cold so we warmed up by food.  We had yakitori when we were walking down the street. Usually, yakitori in Japan is taste like soy sauce so we were imagine that but OH NO, no no.. it's Korea.. it was SO spicy!! My sister burned her tongue. hahaha!!!  Though all of them were so great and so cheap!! Total was like.. 5000won for two of us. Well, we didn't eat that much too.  And then we went shopping around that area and got some makeups!!

We wanted to see Korean malls. I heard they don't close til 5 in the morning and there is no fitting room so I had to see it by myself.

food stand
  HAHA, funny funny... malls in Dongdaemun area is crazy!! When we went there, it was after 9pm but young people were coming there from nowhere. Inside of the malls are really weird!!!! I've never seen such a mall like that! OH, it's like Silk market in Beijing. One shop is so tiny but many shops in one floor.  Most clothes/bags/shoes.. and cheap, of course.. AND yes, there was NO fitting room. How could they buy without fitting room!?

One of the malls' outside, there was some kind of music festival was going on and some guys were singing HIP-HOP.. It was cold though... but many kids were enjoying it.. another wierd thing ;)

We bought some stuff and checked out the city and left there by foot to the hostel. We stopped at dunkin donut to have some coffee and donut!

I was so full!! Walked a lot today but it was so much fun!!  Going to see my friend tomorrow!

momiji says:
yeah but it's just so packed of shops so it'll be hard to find a good stuff! you gona stay there til 5am! haha :D
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
darlingwish says:
whaaat???? the malls dont close until 5am??? i MUST go there!!! woooow! and the food must be amazing!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008