Busy day

Seoul Travel Blog

geongbokgung

We woke up like 9am and had breakfast at hostel (they serve breakfast too). While we were having breakfast, a guy came to the kitchen and started to cool his breakfast but it was kimchi fried rice. That for breakfast?? Too much for me  :o

We left to Gyeongbokgung. It was raining a bit but we didn't need umbrella or anything plus we didn't bring it anyway :P  We were there for over an hour. I liked that place. It's so much fun. There were 4 girls who were anouncing in Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English. They were So great!!! Japanese was perfect and English wasn't Korean accent at all!! Good job girils!!  All the sudden, my camera's battery was gone so we went back to the hostel to charge it and have lunch also.

We were supposed to meet my friend from Canada that day. I called her and she said she didn't go to work that day! Sweet!! haha!!!!! She told me later that she never skipped! Oops! But she was like 'whatever..' haha!! Well, then!  We are going to meet her at Ewha. I wanted to go some shopping/wanted to see there.  I called her when we got there. I hadn't seen her for more than 3 years so it was great to see her again IN Seoul! We went shopping in Ewha for a while and moved to Namdaemun market. This market is full of everything!!! My favorite one is accecery shops. It's super cheap and HUGE place!! I didn't have enough time to see it all there.  We got some souveniers for family and friends and hit to Myeongdong.

When we got to Meongdong, the rain is heavier and colder! We walked and did some window shopping in Myeongdong. We went to many cosmetics shops and everytime we enter the shops, they give us samples. It was nice thing but most of them were writting in Korean so I had no idea what were those..

Even it was raining so hard, Korean young people were having a great time in Myeongdong. I guess it's like Shibuya in Japan.

My friend asked what we want to have for dinner so I said we want to eat Korean pancakes and bbq. We went to Insadong to find restaurants..  We had a big korean pancake and bulgogi! hmm.. YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!  I was So full that I couldn't move!!!!

We decided to have some coffee (i had to move!). I saw lovely cakes but I couldn't eat it 'cause I was just so full! Then we said good bye to hear and left.

This trip was the shortest trip ever. Only one and a half day. Though we went to many places and saw lots of things and ate great food.  I have to visit my friend again and see other places!

darlingwish says:
im jealous! i so wanna go there right now! darn, im watching too much korean drama! hahaha
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008