Yosemite Wilderness

Yosemite National Park Travel Blog

As an avid traveler and blogger, I have been to many places that have taken my breath away, but I had never taken time to go to Yosemite even though it is right next door to my State. The park is an icon in California, United States and considered one of the 100 wonders of the world. It has gathered some well-deserved attention now that I see it. I added it to my "Bucket List" seven years ago, but as life might have it, everything else happened and I never got to travel to the park. Sitting on my couch three weeks earlier, my daughter and I went through the large book "Wonders of the World" 100 incredible and inspiring places on earth. There in is Yosemite National Park, there and then, I decide we are going.

I immediately logged onto Booking.com and secured a 3 nights’ accommodation at America's Best Value Inn.  With accommodation secure and Mother's day right at the corner, I gave myself a mother's day treat of visiting one of the places on my bucket list.

Traveling to Yosemite National Park from California is easy and can be accomplished within a day whichever region of the state you come from. My family and I, drove in from Arizona, the southwestern most part of Arizona; this make our journey rather long. We broke the trip up and spent a night in San Bernardino.  Whether you are looking to travel with family, friends or just have a private tour, there are various tour companies that offer services to the park.

We did the more private and person way, which was drive our own car to the park and use it within the park as well. It is easier especially when traveling with children. Initially I, had researched some tour companies we could use so we did not have to drive, but the cost per person was much more than we would spend driving in ourselves. The tour company 'Discover Yosemite' had the best package, and the best reviews.

Yosemite National park and the Madera county all within the Sierra Wilderness are home to many artists. The area offers inspiration found in the breath-taking scenic beauty. The undulating landscape, waterfalls, the rivers, lakes, the giant barrier wall rocks like El Capitan and the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges to the giant pines. The many species of birds, brings in hundreds of bird enthusiasts every year.

We saw a few bald eagles, bass and a grey owl as we hiked down to glacier point.

One of the highly recommended trails within the park that we unfortunately did not go to is the Fossils to Falls trail. I overheard a couple talk about the Devil’s Post pile which is on the other side of the mountains; a unique formation of granite that looks like it came out of a Science Fiction movie. I cannot confirm since I did not go there, but the photos I saw in the Yosemite magazine tells me it is worth seeing is you have time on your hands.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Besandri says:
I have just seen all your wonderful photos, what a great trip for you and your family.
I will be back and next time more prepared for the crowds
Posted on: Aug 29, 2014
Yosemite National Park Sights & Attractions review
Giant Sequoia Trees
Giant Sequoia trees dominate this part of Yosemite; not to be mistaken with Sequoia National Park, they are two separate entities. We arrived in the p… read entire review
Yosemite National Park Sights & Attractions review
Nature at its best
My family and I, just returned from a wonderful trip to Yosemite. Nothing prepared me for what I saw, the words I put down are not descriptive enough … read entire review