Visiting Simi Valley & the Presidential Library

Simi Valley Travel Blog

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley

My friend who at the time lived in Simi Valley was eager to show off his collection of music more than anything, and I the tourist was eager to see the main attraction of Simi Valley. On arrival, Peter spent a whole day on his collection, telling me of all the artists (who by the way meant nothing to me since they were all dead before I was born), not to mention I did not know many of the ones that were alive.

I paid keen attention asking questions as if I knew what I was talking about. Once his ego was satisfied, he took me to lunch at one of the first food restaurants " I cannot remember now which one it was. The food was good though. After lunch, he surprised me by announcing we were going to the Ronald Reagan Presidential library, which was up the hill from where he lived, yeah!

Simi Valley is located in the southeastern corner of Ventura County in California bordering San Fernando.

The tomb of Ronald Reagan
It is also the home of Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and museum. The library was dedicated by five American presidents in 1991. The library holds extensive archives of the presidential history of the United States: documents and photographs that hold both patriotic and sentimental value. I was honored to have visited this library not too long after the death of Ronald Reagan. After his death on June 5, 2004, President Ronald Reagan was buried at the Reagan Presidential Library on June 11, 2004. The Memorial Site inscription on his tombstone reads: "I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life." - Ronald Reagan-

A piece of the Berlin wall stands in the compound of the library: This piece of the Berlin Wall was presented to President Ronald Reagan on April 12, 1990 at the Reagan Presidential Library.

A piece of the Berlin wall in housed at the presidential library
The Wall serves as an entryway to the White House South Lawn that provides the visitor with dramatic vistas out to the Pacific Ocean. Inside the library also is a Cold War Gallery, which I found very interesting to tour being that I was a student of European history and spend a whole year at University studying the cold war and its effects on economies of different countries. This was a very captivating way of revisiting my cold war education and the Berlin Wall. From the top of the hill, the view is priceless. Only fifty minutes from down town Los Angeles and the picturesque hill top that attracts tourists by the thousands.

At the main entrance stands the presidential car that President Ronald Reagan used while he was in the white house, I think it was a Lincoln, I do not recall all the details now.

There is a gift shop at the library that has all kinds of presidential souvenirs including photos of Ronald Reagan while he was president, presidential sealed cups, coffee mugs, glasses, key holders, post cards to mention but a few.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library…
Ronald Reagan Presidential Librar…
The tomb of Ronald Reagan
A piece of the Berlin wall in hous…
A piece of the Berlin wall in hou…
Simi Valley Sights & Attractions review
A Piece of the Berlin Wall Stands here
Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and museum. The library was dedicated by five American presidents in 1991. The library holds extensive archives of … read entire review
Simi Valley