Journey Stop #2: Overnight in Bakersfield

Bakersfield Travel Blog

We left Laguna at about 8:30 p.m and headed towards Los Angeles which was our route to San Francisco. Joe insisted on driving and I sat in the car peacefully doing my hair and snapping photos as we went by. The day was done by this time and the light outside was darker. We agreed to keep going untill midnight then stop for a night cap at whichever accommodation we find along the way. It was not midnight when I decided I was done for the day: did you know that being a passenger on a road trip can be the most tiring thing? I must have been more exhausted than Joe was just because I was doing absolutely nothing but seating through the long journey.

Our next stop from Laguna turned out to be Bakersfield. Right by the roadside was the Rodeway Inn. We drove right in and the manager was glad to give us a room for the night at $55. The room was spacious with all the typical ammenities. The shower felt heavenly after the long journey. We did not agree on a wake up time so I decided I would sleep in. But Joe was up by 5:30 a.m. Nonetheless we did not leave Bakersfield until about 8:30 a.m.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Joe checking his e-mails
Joe checking his e-mails
Bakersfield Hotels & Accommodations review
Basic Amenities
We decided to stop at the Rodeway Inn. We drove right in and the manager was glad to give us a room for the night at $55. The room was spacious with a… read entire review
Bakersfield