Pissy Airline Agents

Austin Travel Blog

Using American Airlines, there are two ways to get from EVV to AUS.  Connect in Chicago ORD or Dallas DFW.  For months I've tried to go through DFW because of bad weather at ORD.  It seems bad tempers are present in Chicago as well.

Here's a copy of the feedback letter I sent to American Airlines:

Thanks for posting details about inspections of the MD80s.  I'm sure yesterday was not a fun day for many of your employees or customers.  While the inspections did not affect my travel, I felt compelled to write.

I went from EVV to ORD connecting to AUS.  When I got off the airplane at 7:30P I saw on the monitors two flights were scheduled for AUS.  Instead of waiting to leave at 9:30 I thought I would see if there was room on the 8:15 flight.  When I arrived to the gate Austin wasn't listed so I asked the agent if this was the gate for the 8:15 flight to Austin.  She only said "No".  When I said it was listed on the monitors she asked me "Do you see that little A listed next to the time? That means it goes out in the morning".  I responded "Oh that's kind of weird putting up a flight that's more than 12 hours from leaving" to which she answered "You are the third person to ask me about that flight, it's not weird at all you just need to look closer".  I had already turned to walk away so I returned and told her "You can argue you with me if you want but I think it's not smart to put an 8:15A flight on the board when we are 30 minutes away from 8:15PM.  Do you know what it's like to jump off planes all week trying to get home to your family as soon as possible?"  She continued to try to make me feel stupid so I walked away.  Hopefully she didn't belittle the other two people.

Employees shouldn't take their bad days out on customers.  The monitors are confusing.

I may have to go back to using Delta and connect through Atlanta.  I would consider flying into Louisville and driving over to Evansville but the time change between the two cities makes things difficult.

BillOnTheGo says:
Surely nobody would give a hard time to such a beautiful person as you! The weather cares not for the beauty in people. Hopefully you'll be fine.
Posted on: May 08, 2008
yadilitta says:
This will be my first time in the ORD, hopefully this time it'd be different. Thanks for the warning!
Posted on: May 08, 2008
BillOnTheGo says:
Air Canada is soon to start a direct flight from Austin to Toronto! I'm so happy. Last time I went to Sudbury another carrier lost my luggage before I connected with Air Canada. I was in Sudbury for 4 days without my bag. I never check luggage except this time the overheads were full!

I've never had them dump out my luggage but I bet that was no fun.
Posted on: Mar 28, 2008