In the mountains

Trinidad Travel Blog

It was early start. 8:45 we had to be in Cubatur. Before that we ate breakfast of course and told our lady were we are going. We looked for a place to buy some water to take with us, because the lady in the Cubatur had told us that it is really important to take the water! Later we of course discovered, that there was almost no need for that, cause there were plenty of opportunities to get drinks on the road. Anyway, I bought 2 little bottles of water.

The big group were not canadians, as we had thought, but danishJ - 6 grown-ups and 4 kids. Besides them there were 2 couples, one from Switzerland and one from Ireland. The guide was a bit strange, because he looked really angry when he was not smilingJ. Very strange for a cuban person. His jokes were difficult to understand for all of usJ and he was pretty quiet.

The trip was nice, but not as great as I had expected. The nature was pretty and interesting, but the said rainforest was not exactly big forest, it was trees and plants and birdsJ. At first I was really disappointed of the waterfall, but it was the wrong oneJ. The real one was really nice!

At the start of the hike we saw coffee museum, it was interesting. We tried coffee with rum, but I didnt like it. I preferred cappuccinoJ and Cuban ice-cream was delicious.

But the tour itself was a bit tourist trap, it was expensive as well and if i had to decide now, i would not take it. But then again we saw some nature, mountains and did some hikingJ.

For lunch we had chicken and we were not very happy about it, because in our casa we had ordered chicken as well! The lunch was ok, but of course impossible to compare with our casa meals (specially Ana`s!). And it was said that it was light-lunch, but we could have skipped the dinner. At the start of the trip we had welcome drinks, rum with juice and water or smth. But for lunch we had to pay extra for a drink (1 CUC)! That we didnt like, cause instead we could have paid that 1 CUC together with the tour.

Trinidad