My first flyght with Ryan Air Eindhoven - Stockholm

Stockholm Travel Blog

In januari this year I was reading the newspaper and saw that there where was a new destination to fly to from Eindhoven Airport....Stockholm Sweden. I thought...fantastic. Stockholm was one of my dream destination. So I bought the tickets. My boyfriend was very happy to and we booked a hotel in Stockholm. The Nordic Sea Hotel!

Our tickets costed only 150 euro for 2 person. That's very cheap. The Hotel was expensive but for 4 days it was okay.

We live in Veldhoven. Only five minutes drive from Eindhoven Airport. The airport in Sweden is named Skanska. 80 minutes driving from Stockholm. The flight is only 1,5 hour.

We had some problems with cheking in. Because I have no printer, I decided to print the boarding passes at my parents in Law's house. 2 hours before the plane was leaving I was there to print. To bad....I was to late. You can only print 5 hours before you leave. Thank god I made a PDF abd I printed that.

My mother in law brought us to the airport. we didn't brought any suitcases, only bags so everything was going quickly.

In Holland we have different names in our passports. My boyfriends name is Pieter but in his passport is Petrus and his second name Arnoldus. That was a big problem. We had to pay 100 euro for a new boardingpass. I have to waith very loong and all the people who are waiting had to pay 100 euro. They were very angry. There was a family travelling with children. They had to pay 300 euro.

I was lucky! Because Pieter and Petrus are almost the same, I only had to pay 10 euro. But I never make this mistake again. Use the first name of your passport and you don't have to pay. The Stewardess told that the website of Ryanair isn't very clear.

We arrived at the hotel around 7 PM.

marksreynolds says:
Yes, the Swedish people are very nice and friendly...that's why I married one :]~
Posted on: May 27, 2008