What a waste of day...

Singapore Travel Blog

vanessa seing the fish Dr

t was about 11.30 when they woke us up and it didn't even look like they had been home before then. Rob still wearing his stuff from the night before. He explained that they had left the club early, only because they thought that we had, and had gone to McDonald's for breakfast. Where they had met these 2 Irish girls who wanted to meet up today to go sightseeing, so we arrived at the meeting point about 20 minutes late.

me seing the fish Dr
And hung around here doing nothing waiting, it was after they tried calling them they then found out the girls weren't felling well from their night out and had blown them off. Which wasn't nearly as annoying as the fact that we had trailed across town when there was still so much to do. So we kicked around about town and I tried to divert everyone towards some landmarks, but Matt was walking so slow, nattering away to Vanessa that we didn't get anywhere quickly. I had wanted to go and see the Night Safari this evening and was really sure we wasn't going to get to see it because of the way everything was moving so slowly. And so gave up hope, quite early on. The boys went onto the Singapore Flyer, whilst Vanessa and I went into this parlor, where they have tanks of Doctor Fish, where the fish, eat away dead skin, and send electronic pulses into the skin, that help with DVT, blood circulation and scars, and loads of other things.
me seing the fish Dr
It was really weird at first and I didn't want to do it, but Vanessa convinced me and after the first 5 minutes it was quite soothing and like a foot massage, but Vanessa couldn't get used to it, and gave up trying. We finished just in time to meet the guys of the Singapore Flyer, before we walked around town trying to catch the last bus to the Night Safari. It was when we were almost there at its last pick up point that we saw it drive past and decided we would get a taxi. Took about 15 minutes at most and when we was on the way it started to tip it down. Once we was there it was confirmed, the Night Safari show had been canceled and it probably wouldn't be worth getting the train around either as the animals would of gone into hiding with such the bad weather. So we hopped onto the next bus leaving the park and changed onto the train back to Little India.
the fish
Once back I began to pack up my bags, ready for my flight tomorrow to go to Australia, whilst we drank a bottle of vodka and coke between us, before heading to the pub for a drink before it closed. I was getting a bit bored by this point though. As there was only so much Rob and I could talk about, since we didn't really get along to well, and since Matt and Vanessa were making conversation between themselves neither Rob nor I wanted to be the 3rd person left out in the group, so when I left them to it, Rob followed shortly and in the end Matt and Vanessa went out by themselves for the rest of the evening, before returning the next morning, when it was time for Matt and I to go to the airport to catch our flight. So Matt went and woke Rob up, who gave me a hug goodbye (which I was totally not expecting!) and left us to head upstairs on our own since he was in his boxers and and a duvet.
this is what they do
And Vanessa came up with us to say goodbye, with another hug. Matt was insistent on getting a taxi to the airport, but I didn't want to waste any more money, when the train was just as easy and quick, so we said our goodbyes outside the hotel and I made my way to the metro. Half hour later at the airport I waited for my plane, by reading my book some more and having breakfast. The flight wasn't bad at all and when it touched down in Perth I was almost excited. Until I saw the weather. It was tipping it down with rain. Big gray clouds everywhere which made me wish I had delayed my flight a little bit from Asia. But I got onto the airport shuttle bus anyway and made my way to the YHA hostel in Perth for the night. Just until I got my bearings and could find somewhere else to stay.

in we are