I'm in Thailand...

Bangkok Travel Blog

Wat Pho

So I arrived yesterday and got picked up by my hostel and taken straight there, about a 30 minute drive into the Centre of Bangkok, The only this is I'm not actually sure where I am. I can't find anyone in the hostel, its quiet as anything! But then it might be my own fault for coming down for breakfast at 11.20 when it finnished at 11am. lol. I was sooo tired yeterday though. And I slept right through the night and didn't do the usual waking up in the middle of the night like I did in Hong Kong.

This hostel is so much nicer though, so I can understand why! It has air-con for starters, clean shower room to myself and a whole double bed and fridge! And space to move around. Its quite nice.

Nice enough that if anyone was gonna go on a holiday to Bangkok, you know a week before heading of somewhere else, maybe an island for a honeymoon or something, you could get away with this place. Its basic, but its nice and defiantly comfortable!

The hostel are being very helpful, they've changed money up for me and told me where to get an electrical adapter. Even if I did get lost and still dont have one! lol and they do room service every day, cleaning and stuff, unlike the last place was in. I didn't see much service in there! lol.

Bangkok is pretty amazing from what I've seen. As we was driving in there was sooo many monuments and stuff, all celebrating the King I believe. I'll check some out in more detail later. And some of the temples are magnificent, thats just from the front gate. Can't wait to go inside a couple. Anyway, I'm gonna go hunt for this adapter again, my best mate text me at some point over the night asking why he cant get hold of me??? ( I did text back saying my phone was almost dead so had been turned of but I'm guessing hes still hoping (secretley) I didn't go and have just pretended I've been hiding out somewhere since, to upset him or something. Bless him, he'll find out soon enough! Shame he never reads my emails, coz I sent him one from Hong Kong the other day!

In the gardens of Wat Pho