OzXposure day 6...

Exmouth Travel Blog

This morning we was up early (but not early enough to see the other group!) and had breakfast before loading all our bags into the bus for our drive. In a day we would have to cover 900Km, hence why we was on the bus by 8am. By 10.30am we were crossing back over the Tropic of Capricorn where we stopped to have our picture taken before all 3 of us piled back onto our 24 seat bus!!! Everyone was really quiet so I tired amusing myself and found Phil being amused to, as I drew mickey and minnie mouse on the windows, hanging out with some sheep and kangaroo's. We stopped for lunch and had some of last nights bolognese with some wraps and crisps in Carnarvon. Here I was able to get some nail polish (finally) and when back on the bus began painting my toe nails, to everyones humor. especially when Phil started driving purposely like a pain in the arse. We continued on though to Northbrook where we are staying on a farm for the night. Very basic, bur comfortable. Worrying a bit, none of the doors locked and the showers/toilets were in the middle of nowhere about 50meters from the rooms. But the great dinner we had defiantly made up for it. The farmer had two tour groups coming in, so about 10 in all, so he had made us all some Kangaroo Stew, Beef Mince and Rice for dinner. I was a bit scared of trying the Kangaroo so stuck with Mince, but then he came back and pointed out that I hadn't had any, to which Mette made me try some of what she had. What was supposed to be the best bit, part of the tail. So I tried it and it wasn't that bad actually. I was quite surprised, but glad it was nice. Sweetish. We ate all this down with the last of the beers and some chit chat before going to bed in the freezing cold. You could defiantly tell we were back south of the tropics!

Exmouth