Manilia and Meetup!!!

Manilia Travel Blog

Next morning I woke up early to meet Yheleen for breakfast with Raquel who had flown in at the early hours of the morning. Afterwards we all went back to bed for a couple of hours whilst Yheleen went to work for a couple of hours then we went to Fort Santiago for the afternoon. Its a 16th Century military defense fort which stands for the heroism of Filipinos through time, especially one in particular which was executed then later on was recognized for what he did for the Philippines in getting them their independence from Spain.

It was quite fascinating reading his story and walking through the parks which he did for his last walk to his place of execution. We spent a few hours here before heading back to the hotel to freshen up before going out for dinner at Dencios to meet for the TravBuddy meet-up. We were the first to arrive and soon after many others started to arrive. It was here I met loads of my TravBuddy friends and got to know them in person. It was fun having dinner whilst trying to smile all the time as cameras clicked continuously. I'm sure more so than in Hollywood at this moment in time! We were having so much fun laughing and chatting that shortly after I noticed the area we was in seamed to be clearing out, giving us the room to ourselves. By the end of the night, we were still laughing and having fun as the waiters were trying to clear us all out. So we took our que and handed over all our cameras to them to take our group pictures.
All 6 members of staff had to juggle our cameras to try and get all the cameras to have at least one picture of the group on. We paid our trip monies to Josh after getting a good photo for positive identification if he decided to elope with our money, then headed over to a bar on the other side of the walk for some more drinks before bedtime. The Filipinos are such great dancers and certainly don't need any excuses to party, making the most of any bar and any dance platform that might be available, and they defiantly don't need to try to hard to convince anyone to get up for a dance. Being so friendly it's almost contagious, like an illness you want to be infected with when your surrounded by all these people. So much so that once I was up I didn't really wanna go. Finally about 1am we got home to get some sleep for our exciting planned day for tomorrow.

andiboi says:
hahaha! Josh, eloping with our money! lol good one!
nice blog, melts my heart reading compliments for pinoys :D
Posted on: Aug 15, 2008