The BIG Plan...

Sydney Travel Blog

This morning, I transferred my bags to where I'm staying for the next 6 days, Westend Backpackers, Legend Has It. They were really good and let me check in before the normal check in time of 12, and sorted me out with a sim card and some free drinks vouchers, guide books and map. And also pointed me in the right direction for where to go to get a job. I also stumbled across a flight center on my way and booked my kiwi experience tour for November. And started looking at my tour for America and and another one for northern Australia. After this I went and did some shopping and started sorting my backpack out, since everything had exploded and become totally a mess since being on tour. So much so I had to completely empty it. Richard phoned back later in the day to say that they can do the tours I just need to go in and finalize the details and pay for it in the morning. I managed to sort out a job, through Travelers Point, in Mildura, which means leaving Monday from Sydney and catching the train and bus there, so will be there by 11.30 in the evening. And the lady Vicky, will pick me up from the coach drop of point and take me to the hostel where I can stay for the next 4 weeks whilst working there before I catch the bus onto Adelaide and then a 2 day safari up to Alice Springs for the beginning of the tour which covers the red center, Darwin, Katherine Gorge, and Kakadu National park before heading back to Cairns. Then that leaves me a month, just about, to travel down the east coast and get work along the way. Maybe stopping in Brisbane on the way. Before flying out of Sydney to get to Christchurch, onto tour by 15th November and finishing 28th November in Auckland, catching a plane next day to Rarotonga for a day or 2 before flying to LA, to join with a trek America tour on 2nd December to cross country across America to New York, by the 22nd December, maybe flying home 23rd/24th ready for Christmas Day. Not sure whether to tell mum or not or maybe just keep it as a surprise. Thats the plan anyway by the end of the day. By time I got back and had some dinner I was knackerd and just wanted to sleep, found myself dozing between 6 and 9 pm, so decided to get up and go and do something for an hour so went to the internet across the road before getting back about 10.30 and getting ready and into bed for the night after reading some of my book.

photo by: Sunflower300