Alice Springs, Deaprting for Sydney...

Alice Springs Travel Blog

Red Centre

What a long f*****g way! I can say that now that I've done it. I never expected it to be quite so long and defiantly thought leaving my blog and writing it up once I was back would be a good idea. It might take a bit longer than I thought!. But still here I go!

So today I joined the touring company OzXposure for what was to be the next 20 days of my trip. Seeing lots of places and meeting people of great interest all the way.

(I must firstly add I had booked this trip through the Flight Centre in Sydney, World Square, as well as 2 others. I will be writing a review on this, but I must make it clear, I have tried to cancel these, only 1 sucessfully! So how I managed to meet the tour group after numerous phonecalls to the Flight Centre after being given a lack of information was beyond me! Anyway.

...)

So I arrived at the All Seasons Oasis, where I met my fellow groupies who I would be travelling with. To begin with their was our Tour Leader, Matt, then myself, Amy (from Gurnsey!), Sophie (from Warwickshire), Paul (from 5 mins from my house!), Ken AKA Ned (from Canada), Peter from Holland. We were to be joined a few days later by some more, but for the minute, it was us who would be explornig the Red Centre.

The drive from Alice to Uluru was ok, and not too tiring as we were all busy getting to know one another. We were able to reach Uluru early afternoon and get up tents set up before hiking around the base! 9.2 Kilomoetres, and it took us only a couple of hours! Most ammount of exercise I had done in days, but once completed defiantly a feeling of great achievement.

Uluru
Knowing you've walked around the biggest and most sacrial monolith on the planet somewhow does that! For me knowing how far I'd walked was a bonus. (I've always intented to get one of those pedometres so I know how far I've walked in a day or whatever, but here its helpfully signposted and written on every postcard, memoir and leaflet! We finnished in time to be able to view the sunsetting over Uluru turning the rock from one colour to another before making our way to the Ayres Rock resort where we were camping for the evening. I can't remember what we had for dinner that night, but I wanna say from here on in, Kangaroo was going to play a big part in our diets!

minx2812 says:
Oh Im such a plank! I was in such a rush to update my blog and get my pics up!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2009
margmack says:
fun... I must have been there just after you. sorry but the rocks you have labelled Mcdonnel ranges are actually Kata Tjuta....or The Olgas....as I'm sure you have realised!
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008