Chefchauen: Blue and white

Morocco Travel Blog

terrace in my hostel

i arrived to Chauen,Xauen or Chefchauen -This special and beautiul Morocco´s Rif Town -from Tanger,i arrived to Morocco by ferry from Algeciras-Spain

My  Morocco´s adventure started here...i had 10 days of Easter week to know this magic country full of contrasts

when i arrived to Tanger i had 2 options, go to 2 Assilah or Chuen,i was walking with my packpack going outside the harbour, i went to the  small bus station,i checked the timetables and next one bus to Chauen or Asilah will be 4-5 hours later,then i said,ok i need other option....

i saw 2 guys with their backpacks talking with taxi drivers, i went there to talk with them,and these travelers were 2 spanish,we talk about to go by taxi to Chefchauen,and it was the last decission,we paid around 15 euros/ person for this journey.

journey was crazy,taxi driver hadn´t our west occidental driving topics,there were not traffic llights or traffic signals for him,only this taxi trip was an adventure ,taxi driver was our first contact with morocco´s population and other world

journey to Chauen  was full of  new landscapes,views,people on the mountains,special restaurants beside the road...

This journal entry is a draft and has not been published yet. Please check back later!
streets