Mexico City has Chickens and more...

Mexico City Travel Blog

The following morning I was awoken by chickens. This was actually anticipated. What wasn't was that I suddenly felt like a pensioner climbing stairs. Now, it turns out that Mexico City is high up; 7,400 ft (2.2 km) to be precise and the chickens and I were higher up in the hills north of the city in Santa Fe!

Priorities first, use the toilet and make tea. Ok, the toilet is a clever design - how can I say... it's silent. Which comes in handy when there are no doors in the apartment! Splashes and refilling is near silent. I might install one back home in the UK! LOL! Secondly, tea. Well I am British and we can never properly start with out it. For breakfast I experienced corn with chilli and chicken - quite savoury and I could relate it to something like eating the left over pizza from the night before, except I didn't have a hangover.

We boarded the car and headed out onto the rally course. Tyres howling under intense cornering, I was catapulted through the city to the other side. Manual said I didn't need the camera. He was worried his friends would steal it! Great! Abril was furious with him because she'd chosen a small picturesque village to take me through on-route to a house party in Cuautla.

In the village with no name, we stopped and ate some more corn based products. Including boiled corn, crushed, flavoured corn in ice, corn in cream with chilli and cheese and some sort of corn soup. Good job I like corn!

mattango says:
We were travelling out of Mexico City to a poorer area to house with no door locks to meet a bunch of people who we didn't know! They said the camera may not be safe.. it was all OK in the end ;)
Posted on: Apr 01, 2008
AndiPerullo says:
Jeez, where were you staying in MC? I never felt unsafe and brought my camera with me everywhere!!
Posted on: Mar 31, 2008
sheba124 says:
You got it babe, CORN... lol!!
Posted on: Mar 26, 2008