Dinner with the aunts

Litchfield Travel Blog

It wasnt too long before we made it to Litchfield driving from Salem where we met up with one of my other aunts..I feel like from here on out I should assign them all numbers so people dont get confused lol.

This was a temporary stop for me, I am only staying for dinner and then I will be on my way to my final destination aunty #3's house in Hudson.  Ill take any excuse to go and visit my family members or even just get out of my house these days and the cruise gave me plenty of opportunity to visit with the family I dont see very often because I live in far far away Maine.  We may not have orgre's or princess' but we have rumors of bigfoot and I know bridezillas exist!

Aunty #2 always cooks something interesting and tonight it was marinated grilled salmon steaks and homemade rice pilaf made with fiddle heads.  Fiddle heads are a local delicacy around here and they can only be obtained in early spring, they are basically fern leaves that have not unfurled.  Once they are unfurled they are poisionous and can no longer be eaten.

We watched  the movie "The Gray" while e waited for the steaks to cook and we all agreed it was pretty much a waste of the $4 we paid for it on demand.  The volume was terrible and so was the movie.  After dinner it was getting late so I headed for Husdon to meet up with Aunty #3 and my cousin for some quality drinking time!

photo by: jamartin39