Start from San Francisco

San Francisco Travel Blog

Like most people, I've had addictions in my life.. some have been "socially acceptable," and some have not. ;-)

But of all of these addictions, TRAVEL has always given me the most reward. No matter what my mood, journeys outside the comfort of my home country have always lifted my spirits and expanded my mind. (With absolutely no chemical additives!) I've been fortunate enough to step foot on very continent on Earth, and learned much about life from trips to Antarctica to the Amazon, Egypt to the Andes and more. I have met wonderful people, and they are forever part of who I am now (for better or worse!) .

But the more you travel, the more you realize how little you really know. It only leaves you wanting more. Yes, travel is a powerful addiction, indeed.

But it has been many years since my partner and I last traveled completely around the world in one journey (1995, to be exact). During that trip, Mano and I strapped on our backpacks and traveled through Europe and Asia with no plans, and very little cash. It was the thrill of a lifetime.

But we were younger then, and I was much less cranky. At 44, I really need to see if a 'mega-journey' still has the allure that it once did. I need to know if I can still DO IT... can I even survive without hot showers, air conditioning, and Tivo reruns of Judge Judy and CSI? Are my adventure days behind me?

This is my 45th birthday present to myself. Time to indulge my addiction. Time for my fix!

asturjimmy says:
fantastic!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2008
Africancrab says:
Talking of addictions, I can identify with you lol! ore often than not, ,my impulsive travels have ended up being my best of times, so keep going and kudos!!
Posted on: Mar 26, 2008
mfmcp1982 says:
I love your album cover, did you photoshop it? :D
Posted on: Mar 26, 2008