Do you speak English????

Hamburg Travel Blog

Well here at last!!! Spent ages waiting at the airport for the flight which was delayed about 45 mins. It wasn´t a good start especially getting out of bed 3am to get to the airport. However I finally made it to Lubeck airport and thought oh well just to get to Hamburg city centre and get a train! Alas the bus took about 2 hours to get there too! Turns out Ryanair could be accused of false advertising as Hamburg Lubeck airport is not anywhere near Hamburg at all! What a hoot!

Anyway upon entering Hamburg train stn (not sure of the name as I couldn´t pronounce let alone spell) and attempted to find the train for Berlin. I saw a sign for Berlin Tor which obviously I thought it was going to Berlin but it wasnt!!! Thankfully a nice female (nice in the hot sense ;-)  ) avoided my embarassing situation by guiding me to the correct platform. Apparently everyone else didn´t speak English. One woman even pointed to her empty wrist and shook her head. Since when did English sound like time?

Ok so by this time it was well approaching midday German time (remembered to change my watch but my mobile remains an hour behind which can get confusing...maybe ill change it too) and I hadn´t eaten! I Had a bit to wait before the train departed so I started exploring the train stn for food sources! There was a really nice food hall type thing that had plenty of variety and choices of different food from cakes to hot savoury food. As I was in Germany I thought I would sample the famous german cakes! I must admit, they were soooooo goooood!!! mmmmmm OK enough for now I must pop out get more German suggary goodness!
koala says:
Hey Lauro, there more people in Germany outside of Berlin and Munich who speak English!
>> A lot of those low cost airlines advertise city they fly to but usually people end up anywhere else but near this city!
Posted on: Apr 23, 2008
lauro says:
ooppssssss you must tell me when are you arriving in düsseldorf so i can give you full details! yes, not many peopel speak english only in berlin and munich.
Posted on: Apr 14, 2008
lschiller says:
oh sweet Deutschland... how I wish I could go
one good phrase to know:
"wo ist die toilette?"