Munich and the Inappropriately dressed German men!

Munich Travel Blog

The HB litre Glasses!
I wasnt expecting Munich to be the way it was. I half expected a smaller city like Berlin but I was far from wrong. As soon as I stepped off the train I could see that not only were the locals a different class of people but the tourists were also on a league of their own. I stayed in a hostel quite close to the train stn whichwas handy.  met a few peope in the rom who were also travelloing alone so we decided to hit the town for some grub and  few bevvies. We wandered around a little looking for somewhere special and ended  in Haufbrauhaus beer hall. What a place! Thats where we met the rather large pot bellied (from all the beer consumption) inappropriatly dressed men. By inappropriately dressed i mean in their traditional bavarian dress.
Giant pretzels
.... lederhosen!!! When sitting down to bangers and mash with sweet cabbage stuff (the german name escapes me) the last thing you want to see is a man with leather flappy trousers  just managing to hold in his manly bits! Now the women were something to behold!!!! Young waitresses rushing around with their hands full of litre glasses of the famous bavarian HB. I swear, maybe two or three glasses in each hand, their ample busts pushed up to display a cleavage that any woman would be proud off, by their bavairan style dress and with smiles that could dazzle, its everymans dream :-). The beer was fantastic. Such large glasses at such cheap prices and it doesnt take long to become tipsy (in fact one guy went beyond tipsy and fell aslepp and had to get carried out). Women also went around selling giant pretzels! One lady caught my attention.... not because she was beautiful, far from it actually. She caught my eye because in her hand she was holding these giant pretzels and they looked so massive next to this tiny wee woman! What a workout for her to carry a large basket and have to hand these giant pretzels to the customers. After that we left and wandered around to see the city at night before heading back to the hostel for an early start.
Giant pretzels.... little lady