Ang Thong National Marine Park & Full Moon !

Ang Thong Travel Blog

Ang Thong

7.30h: Knock-Knock...AHHHHHHHH! It's too late!

The shuttle from SEAHAWK SPEEDBOAT is here, the hotel forgot to wake up us, jump quickly from the bed, no shower take the clothes and running to the hotel entrance...

Where is the bill for the tour??

I can’t find it! Turn back to the room, nothing!, take a copy from the Hotel's reception, and finally,  I’ve got it! on the camera's Bag, UFFF!

Here we go, to the harbour, for the breakfast, today’s programme: ANG THONG!

The same ship from last tour, but a new guide: OH! First stop, snorkelling in Koh Wao, snorkeling here is like Koh Tao so, do it once is enough, two hours later, lead to Ang Thong, Natural Marine Reserve, famous for the Blue Lagoon (Talay Nai) and many locations from the film “The Beach” but not the beach (Maya Bay is in Koh Phi-Phi Le, I think, near Phuket and Krabi) we could say that is a paradise, but too much exploited, too many tourists.

Me at Blue (Green!) Lagoon
Trecking uphill to the Blue Lagoon I take us five minutes but running fast, be care is so dangerous. Blue Lagoon is…GREEN!  An hour later we leave Ang Thong to Koh Paluay for the Thai diner, simple but very refreshing, nothing to see on the town. The last stop, going to Song Pee Nong Beach to kayaking and rest a little bit on the beach and turn back to Samui watching a lot of luxury resorts and eating a refreshing Water-Melon.

This afternon finally I have my last massage : THAI MASSAGE , it was a success, (remember wear underwear!) at the same place from the 2º Massage, an small indian face, strong girl... greatsometimes I thank that she whould broke me something, It's the better of all, less relaxing, but the better!

FULL MOON!

Finally we decide to don´t go to Koh Phangan's Full Moon Party, all of the Thais said us that is for tourists and they don't like.

I would go but only for a few hours (4 or 5), imagine that I don't like it... doesn't matter It was too late to find a ship, tomorrow we have to take the plane back to Bangkok and I don't want go alone there.

Ying and Pha recomend us where to have a diner in Chaweng and a pub to have a drink.

LET'S GO TO CHAWENG! It took us a lot of time finding the place but finally we find it! THE ARK BAR is a chill-out barbecue restaurant in front of the beach, a lot of foreigners... seems IBIZA! Full of freaky people. The food is ok, expensive but not so much! After that to the SOLO BAR, we spend so much time to find it, IT WAS IN FRONT OF US! The local was so COOL but we were dressed (no comment)... after that we find a couple of big pubs that seems to be ok...BUCKET Yuhuu! take a drink, a look and we decide to turn back to Lamai (3..4AM).  We preferred to go with Thais where the Thais went but It was imposible.... :(

Tomorrow to say goodbye to the people from the Hotel: Pha, Ying, Pha? , Lily, Wey

PrissyT says:
You are funny! Blue Lagoon is...GREEN! I honestly didn't see that one coming!
Posted on: May 13, 2008
ratu says:
I think that is forbidden to camp!
Posted on: May 02, 2008
ratu says:
If you come to Koh Samui, Koh Tao or Koh Phangan I recommend the Ang Thong one! Only one tour for snorkel is enought, we also think doing the waterfalls tour (with elephants...) on Samui but we don't do it... It was an error!
If you want to know more...ASK IT!
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
Treking to Blue Lagoon!
Blue Lagoon!
Blue Lagoon!
Ang Thong
James Bond Island II (not sure)
James Bond Island II (not sure)
Water Melon!
Water Melon!
Sailing too fast!
Sailing too fast!
Samui Ressorts!
Samui Ressorts!
The better Massage house, I found …
The better Massage house, I found…
Pha and I
Pha and I
Me and Ying
Me and Ying
Our transport!
Our transport!
Full Moon!
Full Moon!
Drinking Margarita, 100% Tourist!
Drinking Margarita, 100% Tourist!
Chill out lunch