Why there aren't any underwater shots this time

Maldives Travel Blog

Some good news and bad news I guess.  Everyone keeps asking "where are all your underwater shots....did you go diving or what".  Good news is.......the diving was fantastic.  We saw Manta Rays on quite a few dives and its not even the time of year they are usually there.  In addition, as luck would have it, the videographer from the scuba shop was on the boat and in the water with us the day we saw 7 Mantas on one dive.

Bad news......on the very first dive of the trip my underwater camera housing flooded and the salt water toasted my camera.  Wasn't real happy about it......but hey......I was getting my dive on in the Maldives.  I.e.  nothing could kill the buzz.   Anyway...time for another/new camera and I will return with lots more scuba shots!

jhenthorne says:
Not super clear in the comments before...but my underwater camera housing flooded on the first day of diving?! :( So...didn't get any underwater shots. On the bright side....guess I will have to go back to take some!!! :)
Posted on: Apr 03, 2009
Africancrab says:
I loved it in the Maldvies, isn't just a place set apart?
Posted on: Apr 03, 2009
Ape says:
Too bad about the camera, but as you said, you can't let something like that kill the buzz! Enjoy your travels and dives :)
Posted on: Mar 28, 2008