Home Sweet Home!

Exeter Travel Blog

Not quite the home coming I planned

As most of you have seen or heard from me I guess you know that I made it back safe and sound, albeit a day late! Not only did they delay my flight from BA, I also had a delay in Madrid (apparently because of the rain in London) and then I ended up missing the last train home and spent the night on 2 chairs in a London Travel Inn because I didn’t want to spend 85 quid on a room for 5 hours – that amount would have lasted me over a week!

The culture shock has been unexpected. Lack of sleep for almost a week probably added to my zombie state but I had to learn how to drive again, operate a mobile phone and figure out which remote did what at home! When I was waiting in Madrid, a family from London were behind me, I couldn’t see them but I could hear and understand every word of their conversation and not through choice! It was a strange feeling, having spent months not knowing what was going on around me.

January in Cornwall...I love it!

So things are almost back to normal. I’ve just finished my first full week at work, although some would argue that I have attended rather than worked! I haven’t slumped into a state of total depression, despite the cold dark January nights and my car breaking down……well not yet anyway! I have been busy trying to sort out my photos, all 2000 of them and choose the best ones to show you, I’ve still not quite whittled it down but when I do you can be sure of a slideshow, I know you were disappointed when I stopped putting pictures on the website.(I've added a few since I've been back)

I have been surprised and overwhelmed by the comments about my online journal, I had no idea how many of you were reading it but I’m glad that you all enjoyed it - I’m looking forward to reading it myself!

I created a dream and was surprised at just how much I was capable of achieving. I have some amazing memories of people and places but I'm tired now and need a break before I decide on my next dream....watch this space!
Exeter