Big City

Santiago Travel Blog

Sometimes its hard work keeping up with the journal, I´ve been putting it off for a few days because I don´t know where to start ! Spent much longer than I anticipated in Santiago, I thought I would want to get straight out of the big city but I actually really liked it. It helped that I stayed in the most homely hostel ever, I spent a few nights curled up on the sofa watching TV - Cracker! I walked the length and breadth of the city whilst I was there and believe me its a huge city. One day I walked to San Cristobal Mount to reach the statue for a 360 degree view from the top and then I walked all the way back down again and home, I was shattered but it was worth it.

I also went to Palace but missed the changing of the guard because I was too late. Instead I went to the museum and saw several photographic exhibitions which were really good. There were lots of plazas and shops to wander around - just starting to see the first signs of christmas in the shops but its not overkill like at home.

After a few days trying to decide where to go next, lots of options from Santiago, I decided to head to the Northern lake district of Pucon and am travelling with a Brazilian guy called Julio.

photo by: Bluetraveler