I think I'm seeing things!

Koh Samui Travel Blog

Sunrise at Bophut Beach

For some strange reason I decided to get up at 6 am even though I'd hit the Mai Tai's a tad too hard the previous night, but I like to see a place I've travelled to in the early hours of the morning as there are things that happen at this time of the day you might not normally see during the day and today was one of those mornings.

I decided to walk along the beach towards the hotel where my other Aunty and Uncle were staying at, Za Zen. I managed walked to the one of the first resorts located on the beach, but due to the angel of the sand, the shells and the hangover I decided to turn back and go get myself a big cup of coffee. On my way back I didn't know if I was still drunk, but I saw what looked like a big, black, four legged creature, walking into the ocean.

Sunrise at Bophut Beach
  I shruged off my weird sighting as drunkeness and kept walking back to the hotel which happened to be where the weird looking creature was. As I got closer and closer to this creature I realised that I wasn't still drunk (phew!!) and that in fact it was, not one but two Buffalo's splashing about in the ocean. Feeling a little stupid I quickly whipped out the camera and took a few snaps so when I told the family they wouldn't think I was still drunk also. So my early morning adventure had paid off!!

A few hours later we headed out to explore the Fishermans Village and see what was around. One thing we noticed while walkign the streets was that not much was really open and it wasn't until later that afternoon about 5pm that all the shops and markets started to open. There is a great selection of restaurants in the Fishermans Village and a lot of them were themed. There were English pubs, Aussie Pubs, Mexican, Itallian etc so if you not a fan of Thai food then you can certainly find something you'll enjoy.

amanda576 says:
thanks. It was a really pretty sunrise.
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008
momiji says:
lucky you woke up early and went for a walk or you couldn't see this beautiful sunrise!! very beautiful pictures!!
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008