It's madness I tell you, madness!!

Koh Samui Travel Blog

Chaweng

After a day of relaxing by the pool, massages on the beach and after naps in the air conditioning we decided to take a trip to Chaweng to check out the shopping and night life. Only a 10 min tuk tuk ride into Chaweng from Bophut Beach, we get off in front of Starbucks. Hanging for caffeine after not having a decent coffee for days I just had to go and get me a coffee fix even though it was stinking hot. Yum!! Once caffeined up we ventured up the really, really, really long street where there was so many shops, people, restaurants, pubs, clubs and hotels. It was just madness. There was so much going on I didn’t know where to look, but one thing that did catch my eye was the immaculately dress lady boys. They were dressed like they have just stepped of the set of Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

Trying to walk on the paths in Chaweng is not easy, as they are only in some sections about a meter wide and when there are lots of people around shopping you end up walking in the streets, with crazy drivers scooting by.

Chaweng
  One thing I loved about Chaweng was the lights. Everything was lit up like a Christmas tree.

We looked in pretty much every stall we could which wasn’t already surrounded by people doing the same thing we were and decided it was time to eat. We looked around for a place to eat, which wasn’t hard as there was so much choice and standing out the front of this Brazilian place I thought this place looks great and it would be nice to try something new to eat, but in true old people form my Aunties, Uncles and parents decided that they we so over Chaweng with all the people and traffic and the madness, that is Chaweng, they wanted to head back to Bophut Beach.

Not happy by this decision in true younger person style is chucked a sad the whole way back and told my family that they were being very boring and to stop being typical West Aussie’s and accept something different (the older West Aussie’s don’t like change too much, hence the reason we have only just gotten day light savings).

Back in Bophut Beach yet again we head to the Happy Elephant for a meal, which I must admit I was glad to be back at the Happy Elephant as they know how to make a good Mojito.

stabber911 says:
The reason for Perth to be so difference maybe because it is so isolated? You just imagine the shock, when for the first time I went to the city of Perth on Sunday to discover it is empty!! I came from Bangkok and sunday if always be shopping day, hang out with friend day.. I heard sunday in Perth is difference now.
Posted on: May 10, 2008