Hen's Day

Koh Samui Travel Blog

Today was my cousins Hens day which like all good hens days continued into the night. Today we were taking a speed boat across to one of the islands for snorkeling and then heading over to Bottle Glass Bay for lunch. The boys were going to spend the day fishing. We finally headed out to one of the islands (not sure which one) to do a bit of snorkeling. The water was a nice temp but the visibility was not so good but there was still plenty to see.  After about an hour of snorkeling we then got back on board our water chariot and traveled a fair distance to Bottle Glass Bay where we were to have lunch.

Riding on the speed boat we were able to see the beautiful sites at an alarming speed. There was so many islands out there and also plenty of fishing boats but we were told by our guides that fishing was not the best this time of year, which made us wonder if the boys were going to have any luck.

After lunch we were able to just chill out on the beach and keep on drinking until about 4pm when we had to head back. On the way back my Mum, Aunties and I decided to sit on the front of the boat, as, well, that was were the esky was, but it was a bit hard to drink when sitting on the front of the boat especially when we hit a wave.

Many teeth wore almost lost until we thought it might be a good idea to use the straws which were floating in the esky. Worked like a treat, although once the straw was removed from mouth it was sometimes difficult to get it back in so we looked like gold fish trying to get that straw back in our mouths...lol

Speeding along the smooth ocean (I wish) we finally make it to the boy’s boat that is slowly but surely putting along in the fishing boat. As we approach the cheeky captain sped up and circled the boy’s boat a couple of time, while the drunken girls in the back screamed their heads off, and then took off in a blaze of glory, with the drunken girls in the back still screaming and waving. We got back to the beach and quickly jumped off the boat and headed into the water for a rather warm swim if you get what I mean ;)

We waited for the boys to return and while waiting, we, yes you guessed it, kept on drinking.

After many cocktails it was decided where we were going tonight for more drinking, dinning and dancing. My cousin told us that we would start the might at a placed called Snake Eyes, which is apparently a Lady Boy Club and then move onto a restaurant called the Blue Bar for dinner, then go into Chaweng for dancing and yep more drinking. I was undecided if I was going to go as it had already been a long day and I was pretty merry by this time but then my Aunty Judy said she was gonna go and so I thought I can't let a my Aunty make me look bad so I too went along. The mother of the bride came and met me and my Aunty Judy at our hotel and we were going to get a taxi from there but every time we asked a taxi driver to take us to this Snake Eyes place, know one knew where it was. So after asking many locals we decided to skip Snakes Eyes and head to The Blue Bar and take our chance that the girls were there and when we worked out where the Blue Bar was we were on our way.

Arriving at the Blue Bar, we were amazed that this place was actually on the side of a cliff.

Sections of the cliff had been leveled off to put tables and chairs on so people can eat and the bar was set in a tree house. It looked really pretty all lit up with Blue Lights. We climbed out of the cab and were so glad to see the girls and that they didn't end up going to Snake Eyes. The table was squashed in on part of the cliff and my cousin Deanne was sitting right on the edge of the cliff which they called "The Death Seat". One false move and she was a goner. After dinner we played a few games to humiliate the bride which are always fun. The girls then decided to go out dancing. Extremely exhausted by this time I threw in the towel and headed back to the hotel with my Aunties (I know how sad am I) where I was finally able to lay my head down on the nice comfy pillow and count some Z Z Z z z z's

Koh Samui