Koh Samui: "We have arrived"

Koh Samui Travel Blog

Today is the first day of my first holiday in three years! My family and I are off to Samui travel guide">Koh Samui for my cousins wedding. She is getting married at Za Zen which is a hotel located on Bophut Beach. After a 6 hour flight to Phuket, where we have a first stop over before flying onto Koh Samui, we are all sitting in the bar at the airport enjoying a nice cold beer, when one of our family friends who is traveling with us gets a call from her daughter telling them some bad news about a car accident where some young kids they knew have died.

Sadden by this news and after reflecting upon these young kids lives we remembered why we where here and that was to see my cousin get married. Boarding our flight to Koh Samui we were finally on our way. Not really feeling like I was on holiday yet I was really looking forward to getting to Samui.

We arrived in Koh Samui late afternoon and headed straight for the Smile House Resort our place of slumber for the week. By the time we arrived at the resort it was getting dark and we were all looking forward to freshening up and that first drink (in Samui we're not counting all the ones we had on the plane & at the bar in Phuket). When we arrived the receptionist told us that the bungalow my parents and I are staying in is not ready until tomorrow but they have upgraded us to a deluxe bungalow. Whoo!! That’s what you want to hear.

After settling in to our beautiful bungalows we head over the road to the Smile House Restaurant. With such a great selection of Thai food it was hard to make a choice but I couldn’t go past the Phad Thai. Yum!! Oh and don’t forget the cocktails. Mai Tai’s all round girls!! The setting at the Smile House Restaurant was really nice as it was set right on the beach and they had fairy lights all in the trees which looked great. A great start to our holiday.

amanda576 says:
love this place! Would really love to be there now! :(
Posted on: Nov 17, 2008