DRAKE THE LAKE

Drake Passage Travel Blog

BEEF TENDERLOIN

"I NOW BELONG TO A HIGHER CULT OF MORTALS FOR I HAVE SEEN THE ALBATROSS." - ROBERT CUSHMAN MURPHY

"GUESS WHEN THE FIRST SIGHTING OF AN ICEBERG" CONTEST....HMMMM I GUESSED 9PM TONIGHT

I slept like a baby, I slept for about 7hrs. There is nothing to talk about today. It is a calm drake passage. I was able to blog without the rocking. Staring at the lappy screen to long will make me sleep again. I went to the gym to keep myself busy.  I had a wonderful dinner. we had beef tenderloin and chocolate lava cake YUMMY!!!!

However, we are able to request sugar free desserts or gluten free desserts. You can always ask to have any meal that can cater to your needs. I love this boat.

There are plenty of lectures and movies to watch today. I was looking forward to it. After all it is an expedition trip not a cruise.
CHOCOALATE LAVA CAKE
I attended to all of them:

"BREAKFAST"

DRAKE AND ANTARCTIC BIRDS by Simon Cook

TALES OF WHALES I HAVE KNOW by Andrew Wenzel

-          He shared the story how a whale bite his hand

“LUNCH TIME”

VOYAGE OF A SNOWFLAKE: FROM THE SOUTH POLE TO RIO DE JANEIRO by Christian Walther

-          He shared his life and journey to the South Pole.

PENGUINS by Simon Cook

This was my favorite one.

“DINNER TIME”

A movie called FROZEN SEAS, a part of the BBC  series “our blue planet.” For the first time the frozen world of the arctic and Antarctic is compared. I have seen just before. I did not mind watching it again.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT HAS NOT HIT ME THAT AM GOING TO ANTARCTICA!!!!!

mellemel8 says:
yes we were :)
Posted on: Mar 16, 2009
portia says:
must be lucky you had a "Drake Lake" day! I got pretty sick the first day, but the second day I was up!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2009
poohstanggt says:
That's awesome about the lectures and showings...I would definitely enjoy that...as long as the boat is not rocking! LOL
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009