BYE BYE ANTARCTICA.....NO MORE ICEBERGS :(

Half Moon Island Travel Blog

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BYE ANTARCTICA!!!!!!!

We did not land on Half Moon Island. it was too rocky and windy. The expedition team tired. I was dying to get out of the boat. I was in the boat way too long. i would not suggest to visit Antarctica in the beginning of the summer season. I learned my lesson visiting countries below the equator. ALWAYS VISIT JAN/FEB/MARCH months. It is unpredictable and there are chance that there would no landings.

Tonight it is FILIPINO NIGHT, the dinning crew is serving Filipino food and desserts. I heard from Elmer they will be putting on a Filipino culture show. If the waves calms down, it is very rocky, there have been 20-30 ft waves.  They served the basic food, chicken adobo, pansit, lumpia, and of course roasted pig (lechon). They were all dressed in traditional formal wear. It was lovely.

It was so rough that half of the dining room was empty.  I was very hopeful i did not have motion sickness. I had no drugs too. The waves mainly put me to sleep. I could not blog. I would pass out on my lappy.

Later that evening, the Filipino culture folk dance is cancelled.
THE CUZ OF 30FT WAVES
The boat was rocking too much to dance. They changed the program by having Jenal, our cabin stewardess, Ronald, the bartender and AJ and Alan, polar cirkel drivers to sing. Elmer, our other bartender is a champion bar juggler, you know like the movie, COCKTAIL, Tom Cruise was in.

I felt as if I did not see more of the WHITE CONTINENT. I would like to come back here later in the summer about February/March. The wildlife will be much better and more landings. i did take many photos about over about 1000 only on Antarctica. I will edit many photos when I return.

In general it was a very educational trip. It is NOT A CRUISE, IT IS AN EXPEDITION. I need to go back here again. Only crazy people want to travel here.  If you like adventure and exotic places this is the place to be.  I ponder about my voyage here. It is in danger with global warming.  There many stations in Antarctica from different countries.  USA, POLAND, UKARINE, CHILE, ARGENTINA, AUSTRILLA, NEW ZEALAND, CHINA, GERMANY, JAPAN, ITALY, FRANCE so far that I know.

One day I would like to go to the South Pole and North Pole. It is very expensive. I hope one day I will. While on the boat, there are plenty of maps of Antarctica and plenty of detailed maps of the Antarctic Peninsula.
BIG WAVES
  There was plenty of maps of all the detailed channels and where the stations are. There are maps on where the major rookeries and where the seals, whales, and birds settle.

I love this voyage. Although my beloved Galapagos is still #1 on my list, Antarctica is barely on #2. I think it would be a tie. This is my NEW LIST:

1)      GALAPAGOS ISLANDS

2)      ANTARCTICA

3)      ALASKA

4)      NORWAY

5)      ISRAEL

People ask me where I am going this time. I say I am going to ANTARCTICA. I either get a blank stare and a confused looked, WHY?!?!?!? or OMG WOW THAT IS AWESOME!!!! It is one extreme to another. Also I don’t think people believe me or they don’t know where that is. I think is it mainly they don’t know where that is HAHAHAHA.

I talk to many passengers on the boat from all over, USA (CA, FL, NJ, PA, MI, MT, and NY), FRANCE, UK, NORWAY, GERMANY, CHINA, ITALY, AUSTRILLA, TURKEY, SWEDEN, BRASIL, and even one woman from Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA.

It is quite expensive for Argentineans to travel to Antarctica. I was talking to Ushuaia tour guides.
LISTEN TO THE OCEAN
It will cost them $8,000 US to visit Antarctica. WOW, you would have to be a tour guide chaperon to visit exotic destinations like this.  if you want to help conserve Antarctica, here are information:

VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS, SOCIETIES & OTHER GROUPS WITH AN ANTARCTIC FOCUS

There are numerous organizations and societies that have an exclusive�"or nearly so�"Antarctic focus. Those listed below, primarily non-scientific in emphasis, have history, preservation, current (or past) events, personalities, and similar as their major themes.

INDEX OF ORGANIZATIONS:

AJ AND ALAN
AJ AND ALAN
AJ AND ALAN SINGING
AJ AND ALAN SINGING
SINGING ADAM SANDLER - GROWING OL…
SINGING "ADAM SANDLER - GROWING O…
AJ