THE JOURNEY BEGINS......

Los Angeles Travel Blog

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

I AM STILL ON MY GALAPAGOS HIGH!!!!!

This is the first time am blogging about my pre travels.  I think its absurd writing about the contents at what I am packing.  I guess this is just a unique trip, I have a layover in Miami then I fly to Buenos Aires. It is efffing 80-90 degrees there and it has a 20-50% chance of rain. WTF!!!! This happens all the time, same in Barcelona and Bergen, Norway.  It always rains were I want to explore for a quick 2 days. NO UMBRELLA FOR ME!!!!

Then we are off to fly to Ushuaia, it is the tip of Argentina. There we meet with the boat to take us to Antarctica. The weather is summer on that part of the world. We are hoping 30 degree weather.  I only know 4 TBs that has been to Antarctica. They all said the same thing, the penguins smell.
DO I CARE?!?!!? I AM THERE?!!!!! HAHAHHA :P

As always am procrastinating, I am packing and buying last minute stuff.  I have packed 2 jackets. 2 snowboarding pants, which are double insulated. A pair of jeans, 3 pairs for shoes, 2 beanies, 15 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of gloves, 12 turtle necks, 5 undershirts, 7 pairs of long underwear,  and of course undies DUH!!!! :P

I feel as if I am forget something, I have my necessities like, gum, peanuts, and my favorite tea, dragon well green tea :P I hope I can fit all my gear. My snowboarding pants alone weigh 3 pounds each.  I hope it’s less than 50 pounds. I am insane to bring 2 cameras. One for photos and one for video, then I forgot to bring my battery charger on one camera in VEGAS. WTF IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!!?!

YES OF COURSE AM TAKING MY LAPPY WITH ME. I need to blog during down time or else it will take me forever to publish on TB.
YAY IT FITS!!!!!
There is wifi on the boat. When I am on vacay, I am never online. Only briefly, when am in a hotel with free wifi or trying to meet TBs.

I am going crazy with all the stuff I am packing. While I was arranging it, it was a bit much. What makes it bulky is my snowboarding pants and 3 shoes. YES i don't know why i am packing 3 pairs for shoes, they are both waterproof and the other is my boat shoes. i have 15 pairs of socks. i think that is true bulky part of my luggage.

Then I would look at my luggage. HOW THE “F” I AM GOING TO FIT ALL THIS?!?!?!? OMG IT'S 8PM AND I NEED TO WAKE UP AT 5AM TO BE A THE AIRPORT BY 7AM. MY FLIGHT IS AT 9AM!!!! I only know 4 TBs that are on my friend list that has been ANTARCTICA, mike (mikevirgo0824), frank (frankcanfly), paul (loganbruin) and Chereese (reesiemac). Paul and Mike warned me about the penguin poop smell HAHAHAHA.

IT HAS NOT HIT ME YET!!!!!! :P

yasuyo says:
I can't believe that you packed all these stuffs you put on a couch!? What a great packing woman!!! Hahaha:)
We are planning a meet-up cruise to Antarctica in 2016!! Looking forward to read your story of there:)
Posted on: Mar 12, 2014
mellemel8 says:
thanks portia for taking the time to read my blog. it sure is a fab place :)
Posted on: Mar 16, 2009
portia says:
Hi, Melanie, I am catching up on your Antarctica blog, Glad to see more people visiting the white continent, is it a fabulous place?
Posted on: Mar 15, 2009