late night rendevous....alright by me

Long Beach Travel Blog

The Pike

Alice had mentioned that she was meeting up with a young lady that was in the LA area from somewhere up north.  I was supposed to go if I didn't make the Las Vegas meetup to say goodbye to Will and Sal (both Las Vegas TravBuddies that are moving away) and party like there will be no tomorrow.

As you can already see....I did not make the meetup.

Late enough Saturday evening....around 9 or 9:30pm Alice gave me a ring.  She stated that she did not meet up with the young lady.  She seemed to be full of energy.  We were talking and decided to meetup for a drink.  We were speaking of going to Redondo Beach....but somewhere around the thinking, we decided to meet up in Long Beach.

meeting up with Alice
  Alice picked out The Pike in Long Beach as our final destination.  When I finally arrived, I met Alice outside the parking structure.  She said that she found an Irish Pub to pay a visit to.

We walked a few steps to the Auld Dublinger and entered after getting carded at the door.

The place was jammed packed.  Hardly a space to move around.  We waited a few moments at the bar.  Ordered 2 Guiness (one for each) and stood around waiting for somewhere to sit/stand.  A table opened up....we were definately lucky.  Alice and I spoke for a bit, was a hard conversation as the band started playing at the same time we sat down.  A very lively band on top of the massive lively crowd....makes for a really hard conversation.

The drink finished up for us around midnight and we left about 12:30am.

Thank you Alice for thinking to ask me out, for the conversation and for the friendship.  We will have to do it again.  Soon.

ocwarren says:
First ever!!!
Smooth and creamy just like you said. Thank you for coming out.
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
alicegourmet says:
Thanks Warren to come out for a drink! I can't believe that that was your first Guinness! haha..
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
me
me
some of the crowd at the Auld Dubl…
some of the crowd at the Auld Dub…
some art of Alice and I
above the bar
above the bar
My First Guiness Ever!
My First Guiness Ever!
Alice with her Guiness. Cheers!!!
Alice with her Guiness. Cheers!!!
the Irish band
the Irish band
Long Beach Nightlife & Entertainment review
a Pub of an Irish Flavor
got there as if we were going to a club at around 10pm. The place was packed. It was on a very quiet street in the Pike. But this nicely sized ba… read entire review
Long Beach