a Walk to Remember

Laguna Beach Travel Blog

this walk had been planned a few days in advance.  I met up with Hurley's Girlie (Angel (Angelbaby)) where she dropped off her car and we talked about what we were going to do.  It was a toss up between doing a walk/hike by her house or walking her favorite beach (if you know her, you know exactly where I am speaking of).  It was almost an instant decision, the beach it was!!!!

Driving south on highway 5 and south again on highway 133 (yes our "freeways" are a bit confusing) we headed down to Laguna Beach.  The 133 ends shortly passed our 405 and begins Laguna Canyon Road.  The Canyon is an amazing sight.  all the hills and mountains all green and lush.  While driving down the canyon at points it seems as if you are just driving straight into the hillside.  Finally, at the end it seems as if you are driving right into the ocean.

Now parked by the Las Brisas restaurant....oh by the way, the city of Laguna Beach has metered parking that accepts credit cards (you don't have to bring change anymore).  So we walked down the path right onto the beach and we headed south.

The beach was lightly crowded, we had ample space to walk without walking on or over bodies.  We talked and then we got down to some of the coves.  There was even a cove with a tide pool.  To be able to see sealife up close....amazing!  There were also some coves that we had to climb over to get to the other side.  So in a sense, we did some rock climbing as well.

It was an amazing day, not too hot, but hot enough to break a sweat.

After a few coves, we turned around a went back.  The whole trip about 1.5 hours.

Without TravBuddy....I would never have met Angel or had such a wonderful day.

Angel......Thank you.

(sorry. I don't have any pictures for this blog....forgot my camera)

trhoades says:
Is the weather nice down there already? I'm thinking of coming for the meetup on June 7
Posted on: Mar 31, 2008
sylviandavid says:
Sounds like a great time sylvia
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008
Jelly says:
Awww thank you for a nice walk!! And an awesome job climbing those rocks!! I knew you could do it!! Even if you always found an easier way ;-)
I just love the challenge of going a way I may not be able to get down! haha
See you at the beach again!!
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008