Wanderings around Barrie

Barrie Travel Blog

Lake Simcoe
Teh day after the wedding my brother and his new wife, Pam, were pretty busy so we rented a car and explored the region.  I just got out myu trusty CAA road map and hot the road.  We found some nice communities all along Lake Simcoe.  We also found a nice forested park in the middle of the city (I think it is called Sunnidale).  Too bad there was still a bitting North Wind coming from somewhere near Hudson Bay.  We were freezing.

Later that day we went to a hockey game, like the good Canadian I am, at the Barrie Molson Centre.  My sense of humour was tickled during the opening ceremonies but a the large inflatable horse mascot the team had.  The local team is called the Colts and they blow up this huge horselike cartoon figure and the home team skates through the legs of the balloon.  Our seats were near the top of the rink so we were forced to look at the ass of the horse the whole opening ceremony.  The other funny part was the air would not not leave the balloon when they wanted to deflate the horse. After a few attempts several stadium workers settled for jumping up and down on the balloon until it got small enough that they guys could drag it out the rinks doors.
Barrie Molson Centre