TO

Toronto Travel Blog

CN Tower
I had spent some of the last few days driving around the edges of Toronto going place to place but this was my first time in Canada's biggest city.  In Vancouver we love to hate most things Toronto but that really is just a friendly rivalry that many cities have with each other.

One thing I liked about TO was the buildings.  Vancouver is blessed with many things but good architecture is not one of them.  there really are very few interesting big buildings in my city and Toronto seem to have many.  I was only in the city for a short time but I really enjoyed the Royal Ontario Museum and Toronto Police Station.  I also saw many good looking private buildings in and around the university.
Hockey Hall of Fame

We spent the first part of the day in the Royal Ontario Museum.  I liked history but I was expecting the exhibits to be more Ontario centered but it really was a national museum.  Akiko just loved this place and could have spent several days coming back to this place.  I enjoyed my time but after a few hours I was ready to leave as I still wanted to see the Hockey Hall of Fame.  I almost had to drag Akiko out the building.  I would really recommend this museum if you are ever in Toronto but I would also tell you maybe to concentrate on one or two of the floors per visit.

After an enjoyable visit we crossed downtown and went into the Hockey Hall of Fame.  This is a place I could visit many times.  If you like hockey (and I love it) this is a must place to visit in your life.  The museum is in the bottom floor of a large downtown building and was much larger then I expected.  It had exhibits from around the hockey world and from the top professional levels of todays to the early amateur days.  Not really sure that Akiko like it all that much but she did seem to get a kick out of the Japanese national team uniforms and artifacts from the Nagano Olympics hockey tournament.
Toronto