Blue sky, sun, perfect skiingconditions and a big bang.

Englivatnet Travel Blog

Preparing my ski

Lots of Norwegian celebrates Easter skiing in the mountains.  In some countries the people says that Norwegian is born with ski on. This year the Easter is early, we celebrate Easter from 15 March to 24 March.

I have been celebrating some of the Easter in one of my friend’s mountain cottage by Englivatnet.  Englivatnet is located 125 km South East of Trondheim, and it is a cardrive for about 2 houer.

The cottage is very nice and as it is in the mountain there is no electricity and we have to have water from the frozen lake. And the facilities are as facilities are in a cottage in the mountains.

To reach the cottage we either have to go 5 km by ski or hopefully by snow scooter.

Ola and Esten, climbing Blåfjell

I was lucky; Ola met me with his snow scooter where I parked my car.

Nice to be picked up by Ola, because my rucksack was stuffed with food, wine and clothes.

The weather is nice; the sun is shining from a blue sky.

Lots of snow means perfect skiing conditions.  We had some nice ski tours.   Esten made a ski jump so we all had to try ski jumping.

Temperature in day time when the sun is shning is zero Celsius, but -20 Celsius in the night.

Almost a perfect Easter, but……….

Having a rest

My friend Ingvild had an awful meeting with the gas oven.

I was the one cocking Easter evening, making reindeer with kale au gratin.

Ingvild helped me with the oven and I think there was some gas stored by leak in the oven.  When she lightens the match, we heard a big bang and a large flame came out of the oven.

My friend Ingvild was lucky, her face went red, her hands went red, her eyebrows went a bit smaller and she got a free hair cut.

No damage at her eyes and she was wearing cotton clothes.  The fire went out as fast as it “went on”.

She had pain in her hands and her face because of the small burn damage, but we had lots of cold water to cool it down.

And I have to admit we gave here some (read lots of) “fluid medicine” to kill the pain.

We had our dinner made in the smaller cottage, and it tasted nice with red wine.

This night Ingvild was sleeping with her right hand in a bucket with cold water, almost fit for life the next morning.

I left Englivatnet and my friends the day after Ingvilds accident.  Driving home over the beautiful Hemnkjølen I was thinking of Ingvild, hoping her hands will heal fast.

To day Ingvild returned from Englivatnet and stopped by my place just to show me her hands.   Oh my,  she must have had a engel watching over her.   Her hand was sore, but her face locked as usual. Thank God for that.

yheleen says:
wow.. how i wish I can experience skiing on an easter :) we don't have ice here in the tropics :)
Posted on: May 12, 2008
siriaama says:
Heia! Godt aa hoere at alt gikk bra!! Hils til Ingvild. Klem fra Siri
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008
mellemel8 says:
phew glad she is ok :) wonderful pics. one day i shall snowboard europe.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008
Ingvild
Ingvild
Me
Me
Cold night at Englivatnet, -20 Cel…
Cold night at Englivatnet, -20 Ce…
Returning to Trondheim.