Holy Thirst-day

Pampanga Travel Blog

For two straight years, I spent my holy thursday in Pampanga with my sister and friends. We left Manila at noon time of the Holy Thursday, and reached Pampanga about two hours. I think most people in Manila has left for a long break somewhere in the provinces. I initially planned to go somewhere but I opted to stick with my sister who is leaving for her volunteer job in Sierra Leone.

Arriving in Sta Ana, we snoozed in my friend's place. We skipped the Last Supper Mass - I don't feel going traditional this year. Maybe because the heat was just so unbearable and I can't understand the dialect of this place anyway. It would have been like watching a foreign film without the subtitle. At 7 PM, we did the regular "visita iglesia" where we had to visit seven churches after the last supper mass.
Our friend setup the altar of repose again this year. This time, we were not able to help him.

We started in Sta Ana, Pampanga and we finished the visit at Angeles City. We skipped the churches that we visited last year, so no Betis, no Bacolor for us this year. By 12 Midnight, we completed the visit with a visit in Angeles Carmelite Chapel. Pass 12, we drop by McDonalds (or was it Jollibee) for a quick fix.

Upon reaching home, my sister and another friend decided to down Good Friday with whiskey and beer. I was not in the mood for it that night, so I slept ahead of them.

Come friday morning, we help out setting up the "carosa" for the Image our friend owned in preparation for the Good Friday procession. They have the image of San Salome, it's a beautiful image.

After the setup, we said goodbye to our host family to go to Bataan, a hometown of another friend....
Pampanga