Travel to my layover in Hong Kong then onto my final destination Manila, Philippines

San Francisco Travel Blog

Sis, Mom and Me

Alrightee now, I'm ready, or am I?  That is the question.  This trip has been in the works for quite some time and I don't think I fully prepared myself for it.  I mean depending on where you plan to travel the prep for it is always different.  In my mind, precautions and planning and training are different for the two closely scheduled trips of Whistler and Philippines.  Granted I did have lots of time in between the two but still the things I should have been doing to be ready for the Philippines trip should have started long ago.. months ago.  But it didn't so I just went, and I promise next time I go, I'll be more confident with the plans and pre-prepping.. hehehe.

So we loaded up the SUV, 3 boxes (2 that were not ours, we kindly allowed my uncle to pack up stuff and take it to him in the PI), 3 large luggages, 2 mini carry on luggages and 2 backpacks.

My Lunch
  Wasn't a very comfortable ride, but I guess I was okay, I still had my seat belt on, sister was the one who had the most uncomfortable seating.  That's okay, not far of a drive to San Francisco airport.

San Francisco Airport, Cathay Airlines waiting to check-in.  We place our boxes and luggages and carry-ons one by one on the scale.  Everything was A-okay till my mother's carry-on was over by 5 lbs.  We were like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat do you have in there" haha lol.  With my backpack being the lightest carry on we temporarily transferred some of her things into mine.  Later on we would move it over since she was dragging the rolling luggage.

Watching "Beauty and the Beast"
  We were all set, and making our way over to our departure gate.

Somewhere along in the process of waiting, and walking to the gate my mom made a friend.  She was on her way to the Philippines too.. but not exactly.  After walking and walking and walking and even stopping for a bathroom break (the journey wasn't that long but we just wanted to go already since we were probably about 1/2 way there) , we made it to our gate and situated ourselves unfortunately right under the air conditioning or something cuz damn I started to get real cold, real fast.  I started playing with my DS, sister was reading her book, mommy was reading a magzine.  Nice little old lady was just sitting there.  After a little bit of time passed they started boarding business class passengers and lady decided to try and board.

The Clouds
  But to all of our surprise she was NOT on the same flight as us.  OHMIGOODNESS!!!  Poor lady, she was flying to Philippines but her layover was for Korea somewhere not Hong Kong and not via Cathay Airlines but I think it was China Airlines.  OHMIGOODNESS, again!!!  She checked with the airport peoples and they informed her that her gate was 2 or 3, while we were in gate 20-something.  Goodness gracious, she had to haul a$$ to her gate before her plane leaves her.  So weird she never really confirmed with us our airline, and all the important things she just said she was gonna kick it with us since she was travelling alone.  =(  sad face, poor lady.

All aboard, and welcome to Cathay Pacific Airlines.  Our home for the next 13 hours I think.  I've got lots of things to keep me busy if I didn't feel like sleeping.  My book, my DS, and my iPod.  See you later!! ;)

Watching Beauty and the Beast
Watching "Beauty and the Beast"