My full day SnowShoeing.

Vancouver Travel Blog

My snowshoe..
This weekend is Easter weekend, so I have 4 days weekend-starting from good friday till Easter Monday.
Well it is really my good friday.
My lovely Italian neighbor- Costanza (Costy) and Claudio invited me to join their trip to Cypress for snowshoeing. Well, I didn't say no even I know that the day would start early (for me).

I got up at 5:45 (need to get in my world record,, haha) and got ready by 6:30. This time I decided to pack a bit more and use my "Tassie"backpack. Well, apple, chocolate, nuts, a liter of water, cookies, oranges, camera, umbrella (here we need it everyday!), extra pairs of sock, wallet and small towel were packed in my bag (including snowshoes from Michael). Thanks Micky for supporting my activity!

Those in my bag added up quite good weight.
Costy in action.
Well not as bad as 18 kg like in Tassie. I think I am in a mood of stay over night there haha..

We went to catch a bus in Kitsilano area--leaving there 7:45. The bus packed with all winter sport people--mostly skiing and snowboarding. Actually only 3 of us got out at the site for snowshoeing.

After getting a pole, I headed to join Costy and Claudio. This time I knew much better about the gear (second time).  No need for Claudio to help putting the shoes in. The journey started at 9:20. I was the person who announced the time.

We have checked on the map before started. Also need to register before leaving the starting point (in case we never got back by the end of the day, they can rescue me!). I felt like going picnic. I think Claudio also thought the same because only the first stop- 1km- we stopped for snack,, haha.
Claudio in a mist.
Good so I can reduce some load on my shoulder by eating chocolate, cookies. (Same trick like when I was trekking in Tassie).

The weather was beautiful, around -5c and sunny most of the time except when we tried to reach the top-- it started snowing and cloudy :(
Well, around 500 meters to reach the top we decided not to pursue as there would be no view any way. After we heading down for half an hour of so, the sun started to come out.. dang!

Well, we kept walking around like crazy to far east track, did a loop before getting back to the hut. At that point we were all exhausted and ready to go home. It was 3:30pm. Good walk---6 hours of walking in snow.

Ahh,, there was an embarrassing moment to record... during lunch break, Costy and I agree to pee. There was no toilet around, so we did a stelt pee behind a pine tree. Well if you notice, around the tree base, it almost alway a slope. When I was about to finish my pee break and pull my pant up, during my lean forward position, I got out of balance!!! ahhhh.. I was down in a snow-- luckily grasp my pant back to the position before Costy came to pull me up. She might have seen my butt, anyway, that is fine. I have a nice butt!!!

Trick of the day!!  Pee in a snow can be really yellow. And the pee site should not be too close to the base of the tree cause it is a slope down...
Claudio in a mist.
My buddies- Costy and Claudio.
My buddies- Costy and Claudio.
Nice sunny from the view point.
Nice sunny from the view point.