EuropeFranceNice

what a girl wants

Nice Travel Blog

I am in the French Riviera, it is in the 70s, there is great food, but all of this was nearly shattered today by a cultural crisis of epic proportions.

In general, I am not a person who cares too much about labels.  I'll drink almost any bottled water, eat at the most random hole-in-the-wall as long as it smells good and has a crowd, and I have no problem sporting the Old Navy kids (that stuff can be cute!).  However, the one brand I am truly, passionately, devoted to is Aquafresh toothpaste.  Because the white stuff is too chalky and the blue gel makes me want to choke, but Aquafresh is the perfect synthesis of these two elements.  Well, and that random red stuff I'm not really sure about, but I like it.

So while I was mildly distressed last night when I realized I forgot my toothpaste in Milan, I was increasing frantic as I searched pharmacies and groceries in Nice with NO LUCK.  I was at the biggest catch-all department store in the city, staring at Spanish clothing, German chapstick, and Colgate for god's sake.  But then, I realized there were three toothpaste sections and found those glorious tri-colored tubes in the third and last section.

All is now well in the world.  Oh, and Nice is pretty awesome too.  And I have uploaded more pics.  I would post the link again, but I'm lazy and I've done it twice so slow learners and equally lazy people can just not look.
Nice