EuropeFranceEze

lost in the fog

Eze Travel Blog

I took a day trip to Eze and Monaco with a few other people.  Eze is this trĂ©s cute little two-part town, half on the water and half an hour's hike up on the mountain.  It's supposed to have amazing views of the rest of the Cote d'azur; so we went to check it out.  However, we appeared to have chosen the foggiest day of the year, as I couldn't see five feet in front of me.  And I'm from San Francisco.  The bus driver even laughed at us when we got off.  That should have been a sign right there.  But there were amazing views from the top of the mountain.  At least according to the postcards at the gift shop.

Our trip to Monaco was also dampened by the weather - literally, we were hit by a ginormous thunderstorm within an hour of arrival.  And felt even better after some man told me it was the first time it had rained all year.  I think he lies, but still.  At least we had fun picking out our favorite yachts before it started pouring.  And walked along the Grand Prix route, which I'm sure will feel infinitely more exciting if I ever actually watch it.  But now safe and dry and showered and sure it will be sunny for another 365 days just to spite our bad timing.  Not that that's a bad thing.

Eze